[This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission)
I could eat pasta for every meal. In all shapes and sizes. Pasta and meatballs, it’s a classic comfort food. Some of my favorite memories are making homemade gnocchi with my husband, eating our way through Italy, and Sunday dinners at my grandparents. But sometime especially when I was pregnant too much red sauce would give me heart burn! So that’s why I love this recipe; it’s a pleasant and a well needed change from traditional pasta sauce. This dish is hearty and packs a ton of flavors, plus the dark greens gives you a health boost and leaves you not feeling guilty going back for seconds! You can adjust the intensity of heat by omitting the red pepper flakes or using sweet sausage instead of spicy.
Cooking broccoli rabe with water leaves your dish tasting very bitter! Yuck! That’s why I love keeping Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base in my fridge. Unlike chicken stock from a can or carton that often goes bad before you can use it all up, Better Than Bouillon Base stays fresh in your fridge. All you need is 1 teaspoon mixed with boiling water to make 1 cup stock. No more wasted stock growing moldy in the fridge! They have no fat, are non-GMO, and low in sodium, plus come in 12 different flavors and 5 organic flavors!
Rigatoni with broccoli rabe and spicy sausage
- 2.5 sausage links, casing removed
- 1 bunch of fresh broccoli rabe
- 1/2 box of rigatoni
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups chicken broth using Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the sausage and cook, breaking with a spoon, 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the broth and red pepper and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli rabe and simmer, covered, until tender and wilting.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Toss with the pasta, add salt and pepper as needed.