A flavorful and healthy soup is just what you need on a cold winter day!
In honor of Trader Joe’s coming to my hometown, this week’s meal plan is featuring dinners using ingredients from my favorite store!
The closest TJ’s was about 20 minutes away (with no traffic). Cutting through Hartford can be tricky. You have to time it right, and since I don’t work or live near TJ’s, I rarely got to go. Therefore, I decided to start a facebook group “Bring Trader Joe’s to South Windsor.” I got a lot of followers and slowly more and more people starting recommending my hometown. Now, I can’t say for certain whether or not my Facebook group got the attention of TJ’s, but I’d like to think so! They recently announced that one will be coming in 2019! Woohoo!
For this soup recipe, I used Trader Joe’s frozen turkey meatballs, spinach tortellini, organic chicken stock, and fresh spinach. It was inspired by Skinnytaste.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- Handful small baby carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cartons 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 package frozen turkey meatballs
- 1 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 box of Trader Joe's spinach tortellini
- Half bag fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a dutch oven, add celery, onion, carrots, and garlic .
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and add frozen meatballs and white beans. Cook covered for 20 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes, add the spinach tortellini. Once cooked, turn off the heat and add the fresh spinach. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Pin for later!