Crockpot turkey and lentil chili is a healthy family dinner. Perfect for those cold nights when the temperatures are dropping. Stores great in the freezer too!
As a true-blue, born and bred New Englander, I appreciate every season. Yup, even winter! But when asked what my favorite season is, I always say I love the start of each new season. By the time summer is over, I’m looking forward to cooler weather, changing leaves, and everything pumpkin. And once Thanksgiving comes around, I’m thinking about hot chocolate and hitting the slopes! One of the best things about those cold winter months is eating lots of flavorful stews and soups. This healthy turkey lentil chili is just the meal you need to warm up the family this winter.
It’s the perfect meal for a football Sunday, to bring to a tailgate, or have as a weeknight dinner. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy this home-cooked meal. You can also make an extra batch and store in the freezer to use on nights when you have no time to cook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry green lentils, uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Your choice of toppings
- Heat olive oil on large pan over medium heat. Add turkey and cook until brown. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add turkey mixture to crockpot.
- Add lentils, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and all spices. Stir.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
Pin for later