Monday – Baked pesto chicken with caprese salad – I followed this recipe, but used breadcrumbs instead of almond meal
Tuesday – Taco salad – Besides this dish being tasty, it’s also a one pot dish!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning – click here to see my homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Romaine or iceburg lettuce
- Scoop or two of salsa
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add ground turkey and cook on medium heat until browned
- Turn heat down to low, add onions and cook until translucent, stirring often
- Add tomatoes and taco seasoning, mix well
- Top with shredded cheese and cook until cheese melts
- Add lettuce to plates and top with taco salad
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and salsa
Wednesday – Blackened salmon with tomato, avocado, and corn salsa – The smoky char from the blackened salmon adds depth and intense flavor! Silly me forgot to take the thawed corn out of the microwave and didn’t find it until dinner the following night! 🤦🏼♀️
Thursday – Velveeta one pot cheesy chicken and broccoli rice – I changed this recipe up a little. I used brown rice, instead of white. And let the rice cook in the chicken broth (with the chicken) for 45 minutes. Brown rice always takes longer to cook than white rice, so it needed much more time.
Friday – Garlic lime chicken quinoa. Great family recipe!