First off, let me tell you I debated for a while about buying a spiralizer. I read about them, saw recipes about them, but it wasn’t until I recently read some reviews about the Veggetti, that I decided to take the plunge! And I do not regret it. I bought it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $15. Can’t beat that price. I used it a few weeks ago to add zucchini to my egg muffins. But this is the first time I’ve used it for a full meal. I was a little nervous, I anticpated calling for take-out if it ended badly, but thankfully I didn’t have to resort to that.
Most recipes say you can cook the veggie any way you like, saute, boil, microwave (ew, gross), or eat it raw. I decided to eat it raw because that meant one less step to do! I used two zucchinis, which was enough for two people. And used a food processer to make the avacado-basil sauce. Toppped it off with cherry tomoatoes and you have a heathy, vegetarian meal! My recipe was inspired from this one, from Damn Delicious.
- Two zucchinis- washed, ends cut off, do not peel
- Two ripe avocado, halved, seeded , and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Insert zucchini into one end of the Veggetti, hold over a bowl and twist the vegetable clockwise while pushing forward.
2. Add avocado, basil, garlic, and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Turn on to pulse, while machine is running, slowly add olive oil.
3. Pour sauce over pasta and add cherry tomatoes.