Dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes with this flavorful spicy shrimp and garlicky Parmesan quinoa
As an Italian, I believe you can never have too much garlic or cheese. The cheesy quinoa in this dish is amazing on its own. I could eat a big bowl just like that. It balances out the spicy shrimp perfectly! I’m not a fan of a lot of heat, but my husband is, so this recipe was made with him in mind!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, put butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a microwave safe dish and heat in microwave until butter is melted. Set aside.
- Mix together celery salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add shrimp to mix, toss to stir together..
- Brush shrimp with butter mixture and add remaining mixture to the cooked quinoa
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp until pink..
- Serve shrimp over quinoa, sprinkle on fresh parsley and Parmesan.