A healthy winter soup full of vegetables, including spinach and carrots, is the perfect, hearty meal to keep you warm all season long.
There is a never ending cold front coming through New England. After another day in the single digits and the snow coming down, I need something to warm the soul.
This winter vegetable soup just hits the spot! You can change up the pasta or use quinoa!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 7½ cups chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ box acini di Pepe
- ½ teaspoon each dried thyme, Italian seasoning, and oregano
- Handful freshspinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, add the onions, and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Add the carrots and celery and sauté for additional 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat, Add pasta, cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the spinach and cook until it wilts down. Season with salt and pepper.
Pin for later!