Marinated lime shrimp quinoa bowl with black beans, cilantro, and corn. Loaded with flavor and texture! It makes a yummy and healthy lunch or dinner!
Happy 2019 friends! If you’re like me, you indulged in too many Christmas cookies and not enough greens and proteins over the holiday season. That’s why you need to try this marinated shrimp and quinoa bowl to help recharge your system with superfoods like black beans and quinoa.
The lime marinated shrimp is zesty and tasty, not a fan or shrimp? Just swap out chicken while using the same marinade. As always my quinoa bowls are for one person, double the recipe if you are making it for two. This also makes a great side dish if you’re hosting some friends or family for dinner.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8-10 small shrimp, thawed (I used precooked, but you can season/cook raw shrimp, too)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool.
- While it's cooking, combine red onion, corn, black beans, and cilantro in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine shrimp with the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Let marinate.
- In a third bowl make the dressing by combining the garlic, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add shrimp. If using precooked shrimp, only heat for a minute or two. Be careful not to over cook. If using uncooked shrimp, then cook until pink.
- Add the quinoa and shrimp to the bowl with onion, beans, and corn. Pour dressing on top. Stir and serve.
Pin for later