This power quinoa bowl is bursting with flavors that your taste buds will love! Roasted kale and chickpeas are mixed with a garlicy lemon tahini dressing and topped with avocado and green onions.
Thursdays have slowly become my favorite day of the week! Crazy right?? But I’m fortunate enough to have Thursdays off from work and they have become my recipe testing, cooking, and food photography day. For countless Thursdays I have created quinoa power bowls for lunch/dinner from whatever I have left in my fridge. This vegetarian quinoa bowl with roasted kale, chickpeas, avocado, and a lemon tahini dressing is definitely in the top five!
Roasted kale chips are probably my all time favorite thing to snack on. My sister and I will clean out my garden and sit around devouring them all day. I’m not even kidding; sometimes we don’t even make it to the couch, we just stand over the tray on top of the stove grabbing handfuls!
For this recipe I used homemade roasted kale, but store bought chickpeas. You can use store bought of both or roast both yourself! But the recipe will take longer if you roast chickpeas at home.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 large kale leaves
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup roasted chickpeas
- ½ avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of roasted garlic seasoning
- 1 green onion stalk, diced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and rip kale leaves into bit size pieces.
- Layer on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and salt. Bake about 10 minutes or until browning, tossing halfway through.
- Once quinoa has cooled, transfer to a medium size mixing bowl, add in the kale, chickpeas, and avocado.
- In small mixing bowl stir together the tahini, water, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and roasted garlic seasoning.
- Pour dressing over the quinoa mixture and stir together. Top with green onion.
Pin for later