Lemon herb quinoa salad combines all the tastes of a fine Mediterranean dish – cucumbers, tomatoes, lemon, and avocados. Served over kale for a delicious and simple dinner.
Mediterranean flavors are my jam lately. What’s not to love!? It’s all simple ingredients that are just good for you! Although if I had my way, I would add a ton of olives! But I know everyone isn’t a fan of them (especially in my house), so I didn’t include them in this recipe. But if you’re a fellow olive lover, feel free to add kalamata or black olives!
This lemon herb quinoa salad is chock full of yummy tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado. To make sure you stay satisfied and full, it also has quinoa for some protein. All on top of kale! Remember, don’t skip the step where you massage the kale leaves. It sounds strange but really makes a difference.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups of kale, washed and chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil (for kale)
- 1 mini cucumber, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. Whisk together in a small bowl olive oil, lemon juice, water, red wine vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add kale leaves to a large bowl, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste. Massage kale with hands for 1 minute.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and avocado to kale. Add in quinoa.
- Drizzle lemon herb dressing on top.
Pin for later