Gluten free, paleo friendly, and dairy free quinoa fried rice with healthy vegetables like carrots and mushrooms. Pair it with grilled chicken or tofu for extra protein.
I love making a big batch of quinoa to use for lunches for the week. Prep it over the weekend and you’ll find it helps control some of the craziness of what I call the “dinner rush” The time from 5-6:30pm when you cook dinner, feed the toddler, give the baby the a bottle, convince the toddler to eat dinner, feed the baby puree foods, start bargaining with the toddler to eat, give the baby a bath, then the toddler a bath because he has FOMO, put the baby to bed, do the dishes, put the toddler to bed, all while trying to eat yourself! Just typing that was exhausting.
Quinoa fried rice is an easy prep ahead meal, you can add chicken or tofu for some more protein. I followed this recipe for grilled chicken.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced, about 1 cup
- 10 mushrooms diced
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package directions. Set aside into medium bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over skillet, add carrots and mushrooms, sauté for 8 mints or until soft.
- Make a well and add eggs and stir apart breaking up the eggs into small pieces, add the garlic and ginger and stir for about 30 secs.
- Remove from pan and add to quinoa. Let cool.
- Once cooled add coconut aminos, sesame seed oil, and green onions. Stir together.
Pin for later