Another great summer classic is the fabulous combination of fresh mozzarella and tomato! Try this easy recipe for a quick weeknight dinner!
My tomato plants are in the garden and hopefully soon I’ll be using fresh homegrown tomatoes! This recipe is as easy as they come! You can grill the chicken outside on the grill or, like me, use a panini press (or George Foreman Grill). I like using the panini press because while the chicken is cooking you can prep all the other ingredients, all three of them! If you’re looking for other quick dinner ideas, click here to read about 12 easy dinner ideas!
- 1 loaf fresh panini bread
- 4 chicken tender strips
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 large tomato, washed and sliced
- Handful fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat panini press. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil, both sides.
- Cook on panini press about 5 mintues or until no longer pink inside.
- Cut two sections off the panini bread and then cut in half length wise. Drizzle olive oil on inside of bread and cook on panini press until each half starts to brown.
- Remove from grill and layer with cooked chicken, tomato slices, mozzarella slices. Return to grill and cook 2-3 mintues or until cheese starts to soften and melt.
- Remove from grill, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, add basil.
Pin for later