Healthy chicken meatballs are guilt free. Baked and stores great in the freezer. Make a big batch today!
On lazy weekends, I love making a large batch of meatballs. Am I alone? They store great in the freezer! Use them in sauce or make a meatball sub! I don’t measure my ingredients; I probably should so I can write them down and share, but I eyeball everything and add more ingredients as needed. Until I write my exact measurements down, I’ll share my tips. This is the same recipe I use for ground beef meatballs.
- Use 1 egg for every 1 lb of meat
- If the mixture is too watery, add more breadcrumbs
- If the mixture is too dry, add more Parmesan cheese
- Don’t roll the meat into a ball, but gently form using palms
- For large meatballs, they will bake for 30 minutes
- Mini meatballs will only take 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Large handful of fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Using hands, mix together.
- Form 1.5 inch meatballs and place on sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn over, and bake for another 10 minutes.