Easy lasagna skillet is a classic spin on a family tradition. Easier and faster to make, whip up this family favorite tonight!
There’s no better feeling than sitting down to dinner as a family with one of your favorite comforting meals. This easy lasagna skillet with meat fits the bill. Simmered tomatoes mixed with Italian seasoning, ground meat, and gooey cheese will leave the entire family running to the table for dinner.
Easy Lasagna Skillet
Author: Meg's Meal Planning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and peper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups part skim mozzarella
- 6 no boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Cook beef until no long pink and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and simmer until slightly thickened, around 4-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, and 1 ½ cup mozzarella.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl. Lay 3 noodles horizonally and 1 vertically in skillet. It is ok if they overlap. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the nodles, then spoon half of the meat mixure on top. Repeat with more noodles, ricotta mixture, and the remaining meat sauce. Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake until the noodles are tender, around 23 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil. Broil 3-4 minutes until some of the noodle edges begin to crisp. Sprinkle and broil with the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese until the top is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes.
Pin for later