In my first week of participating in a CSA farm box, I received kale, sage, asparagus, broccoli rabe, sorrel, and radishes. Here is a list of everything I made with the ingredients from week one.
- Breakfast shake – kale, strawberries, banana, ground flaxseed, almond milk. Add to nutribullet or blender and blend until smooth
- Dinner-Chicken sausage and kale served over quinoa
- Dinner- Pappardella pasta with a brown butter and sage sauce
- Dinner– Sage/cheddar biscuits
- Dinner- Pork burgers stuffed with apple and sage– (Use only 1/2 lb to make two burgers and save the other 1/2 lb for a pasta dinner with broccoli rabe later in the week)
- Side dish for work party– Pasta salad with asparagus, roasted peppers, and fresh mozzarella
- Side dish for dinner- Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
- Dinner- broccoli, rabe, red pepper, and prosciutto stromboli
- Dinner- Pasta with broccoli rabe and ground pork (I used the other half of the pork from the pork burgers)
- Pesto – I decided to make a pesto sauce with the fresh sorrel to have for future dinners. I used sorrel, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, and olive oil. Blended it in my food processor until smooth and stored in a jar.
- 2 cups chopped fresh sorrel, ribs removed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Add sorrel, parsley, garlic, Parmesan cheese, nuts, and olive oil to a food processor and puree well.
- Transfer the pesto to a jar with a tight fitting lid. Store in refrigerator.