Monday– Panini with fresh mozz, basil, tomato (from my garden!) with a balsamic drizzle. Perfect and EASY summer meal. Click here to read about more easy and quick dinner ideas!
Tuesday– Stove top vegetable frittata. I have to give my mom Laura credit for this recipe! It’s a great way to use garden vegetables and who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
Stove Top Vegetable Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cubanelle peppers, cut in half, seeds removed, then cut into large slices
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon Parmigiano Reggiano grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When the pan is hot, put sliced peppers in the pan and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring often so they cook evenly on both sides
- Add the sliced onion and yellow squash and continue to saute for approximately 4-5 minutes stirring often
- Using a whisk, lightly whisk the eggs separately in a bowl and add to the saute pan, completely covering the vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons of grated cheese. Let the mixture set and cook for 1-2 minutes, then using a wide spatula, gently move the mixture from the outside of the pan towards the center. As you do this, the egg mixture will spread into the “open” space. Continue moving different areas of the egg mixture into the center of the pan until the eggs no longer spread out into the space. Continue cooking until done
Wednesday– Cooking with Hope. Pork tenderloin with baked sweet potato, grilled squash/zucchini, and a tomato salad. My brother in-law is home for the week from California, so we had a nice family dinner with my husband, brother in-law and sister! Click here to read more.
Thursday– Colony Grill. I haven’t posted take-out in a long time!! I try to avoid this; I like to give my followers 5 home cooked dinner ideas. However, last week was super busy and I didn’t make 5 dinners for myself at home. Don’t worry, because today you are all getting a GREAT recommendation for a pizza place! The original restaurant is in Stamford, CT, but it has now expanded to Fairfield and Milford, CT with one coming soon to Norwalk, CT. Pizza is the only food item on the menu, so you know it must be good! Try it out if you find yourself in one of those towns!
Friday– NY strip steak with rice and a garden salad. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.