Spicy Hawaiian Chicken Burgers are the perfect summer meal, especially when it’s topped with a pineapple and avocado salsa. Kick back and enjoy the summer breeze while chowing down on this dinner.
Summer time and the living is easy! What do you think of when you think of summer? I think about going to the beach or pool, staying outside until sunset, and wearing shorts, dresses, and swimsuits! That’s why I love grilling chicken burgers; they are a little healthier than beef burgers, plus they taste pretty yummy!
- ½ cup pineapple, sliced ½ inch thick
- ½ cup avocado, sliced ½ inch thick
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 hamburger buns
- ½ pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine the ground chicken, soy sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoning salt, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl. Lightly mix with your hands and divide into 2 large, even balls.
- Form patties, making them slightly thinner in the middle for more even cooking. Refrigerate about 20-30 minutes (if you have the time).
- Meanwhile, toss the pineapple and avocado together in a bowl with cilantro and lime juice.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Coat grates lightly with oil. Grill burgers over medium heat, about 6 minutes per side or until done. Top with cheese for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt.
- Top burgers with pineapple and avocado salsa.
Pin for later