BBQ chicken and bacon grilled cheese is everything you want a sandwich to be. It’s loaded with tender chicken, melted Monterey Jack cheese, and bacon! Try out this quick dinner idea tonight!
Looking for a gourmet meal to impress your kids or hubby/wife? No need to tell them this bbq chicken and bacon grilled cheese is actually very simple. A layer of crispy bacon and gooey cheese packs this sandwich with flavor.
BBQ Chicken & Bacon Grilled Cheese
Author: Meg's Meal Planning
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp roasted garlic seasoning
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- 4-6 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat panini maker and toast bread slices until golden brown, flipping.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and cook bacon.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt, pepper, and roasted garlic seasoning and start cooking on panini grill. Cook about 5 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Brush BBQ sauce on all sides of chicken and continue cooking another 1-2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Top chicken pieces with cheese, but don't close the lid. Let cheese start to melt.
- Layer chicken and bacon on sourdough bread.
Pin for later