No-bake, healthy peanut butter and honey Cheerio bars is an easy breakfast or snack idea for kids and adults. Add in dried fruit, coconut, or mini chocolate chips for a fun treat!
We are just finishing the 3rd week of quarantine due to COVID-19. With no end in sight, I’ve been looking for more ideas to do at home with my kids. So far, we’ve done yoga and music class on YouTube, teddy bear “hunts” in our neighborhood, tons of outside time, too many arts and crafts to count, and lots and lots of fort building. If you’re like me and are looking for a new idea to do with the kids, try making these no-bake, healthy, Cheerio bars!
Cheerio bars have only three ingredients – peanut butter, honey, and of course, Cheerios! Three staples in our house, we’ve been making a batch every week. Another bonus is this is a guilt free snack! Who else feels like they snack all day long?!
You can add any kind of dried fruit, dried coconut, or even mini chocolate chips for fun. We added dried blueberries to this batch. If you are keeping it simple with just the three main ingredients, you can cut back on how much peanut butter you use.
- 1 cup peanut butter (if not using any additional ingredients, use only ¾ cup peanut better)
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup dried blueberries (optional)
- In a medium pot, heat the peanut butter and honey over medium heat together until melted, about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, add in the Cheerios and dried blueberries. Stir together.
- Line a square pan with aluminum foil and pour Cheerio mixture into the pan.
- Press down and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Pin for later