Trader Joe’s carne asada is the star ingredient in these easy Mexican Tacos. The cucumber salsa verde sauce is spicy and adds the perfect amount of crunch.
The moment I started searing Trader Joe’s carne asada in the pan, my husband yelled from the other room “that smells delicious!” I wish I could somehow bottle up the wonderful aroma this cut of meat produced. The well-trimmed, hand-butterflied beef sirloin is marinaded in a northern-Mexico-inspired blend of citrus & spice. Because of the thin meat, it cooks quickly on the stove top.
Salsa Verde is a great staple to have in every kitchen. It consists of roasted tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and other spices. I used a pre-made salsa verde from Trader Joe’s and added cucumbers and jalapeño peppers for an additional kick.
- Trader Joe's carne asada meat
- ¾ cup salsa verde
- 1 English cucumber, sliced in half length-wise, then each piece sliced in half length-wise again, and chopped into tiny pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 lime, quartered
- Cook carne asada according to package directions. Set aside and let rest 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- In small bowl, mix together salsa verde, cucumber, and jalapeño pepper.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Layer tortillas with carne asada, salsa verde mix, cilantro, and squeeze juice of 1 piece of lime on top.
Pin for later