Super easy oven baked Pork Schnitzel is an easy week night recipe. Pair it with potatoes and a salad for an easy and satisfying dinner.
Looking to get in the fun of celebrating Oktoberfest? Then try this easy oven baked Pork Schnitzel. It’s healthier than pan frying, but tastes just as delicious. It also is a great make ahead meal and stores well in the freezer.
Pork schnitzel is a popular German dish prepared by breading and frying thin pork cutlets. Although there are many varieties of schnitzel like chicken, veal, and turkey. Pork is one of my personal favorites. The key to a good schnitzel is a meat mallet. You need to pound the pork very thin. Skip the gym and have this be your arm work out!
- 4 boneless pork chops, pounded until ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine flour and spices in shallow bowl. Eggs in another, and breadcrumbs in another
- Dip each piece of pork into flour, shaking off excess. Then dip into egg, then bread crumbs. Place pork on a lightly oiled wire rack over baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip and bake another 5 minutes.
Pin for later