Vegetarian chickpea and avocado sandwich is a quick and simple lunch to throw together. Diary free, plus full of protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
Day four of eating gluten and dairy free in the month of February. Today was definitely the hardest to stay on course. I’m not getting cravings, but it’s because I’m home and not at work. Does anyone else find they snack more when they are doing stuff around the house? At lunch I wanted to reach for a yogurt or make a ham and cheese sandwich. I like to eat lighter for lunch – a salad or sandwich – so that’s why this smashed chickpea and avocado sandwich was the perfect choice.
This smashed chickpea and avocado sandwich is diary free, without any mayo or yogurt to bind the ingredients together; instead the creamy avocado does the trick. The cranberries and lemon add a fun tang and the spinach adds some healthy greens! The recipes makes two servings – I used gluten free bread which is much smaller than regular bread. If you aren’t using gluten free bread, it will make one serving.
- ½ cup chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ½ avocado, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Four slices gluten free bread
- Add the chick peas to a bowl, smash with a fork
- Add in the avoacdo and stir together
- Add the lemon juice and dried cranberries
- Toast your bread and add the smashed chick peas and avocado mix
- Top with your favorite toppings-spinach, sliced tomato, etc
Pin for later
Leave a Reply