Easy Italian chicken and potatoes cooked in a skillet, seasoned with thyme, rosemary, and oregano – a classic, staple dinner that anyone can easily throw together.
This easy skillet Italian chicken and potatoes is a perfect meal on a fall night. The inviting flavors of thyme, rosemary, and oregano season the potatoes and chicken wonderfully. The potatoes are nicely browned and have the perfect amount of crunch!
Even better, this dinner recipe uses only two pans. There is nothing more upsetting than a sink full of dishes to clean at the end of the night. Am I right?!
To eliminate a step, you’ll want to use chicken cutlets. Chicken breasts works fine too if that’s what you have on hand, but you’ll have to pound them thin first.
- 1 ½ lb baby yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb chicken breasts pounded thin or chicken cutlets
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp drired oregano
- ½ tsp roasted garlic seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Parboil the potatoes for 8 minutes. This will help them cook faster in the oven.
- While the potatoes are boiling, season chicken with salt and pepper. Then dip in flour, shaking off excess.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp butter and chicken. Cook 5-6 minutes/side until browned or until internal temperature reaches 160. Transfer to plate and cover.
- In same skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp butter, drained potatoes, and herbs. Cook for 4 mintues, stir, then cook another 4-5 minutes until golden and tender.
- Transfer chicken back to pan and heat together.
Pin for later