Zesty marinated shrimp tacos with a mango, cherry tomato, and avocado salsa. This is an easy and quick weeknight dinner!
Long, sweet summer days are what we look forward to all…year…long. Warm nights when there is still daylight at 8pm and every night seems to end with a freeze pop! When I think of those nights, I also think of citrusy, fresh shrimp tacos. I know I can technically make shrimp tacos year round, but there’s something about those summer nights that go hand in hand with shrimp tacos.
Sautéed shrimp marinated with olive oil, chili powder, ground cumin, and lime juice mixed with a citrusy mango salsa with avocado and cherry tomatoes. This quick dinner is the perfect hassle-free meal. Be prepared: it will go fast and there will be no leftovers!
- ½ lb shrimp (around 18-20)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 mango, washed, peeled, and cubed
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt to taste
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- In large bowl, combine the shrimp, olive oil, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, garlic, and lime juice. Mix together. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile in small mixing bowl combine the mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes, salt, juice from half a lime, and cilantro. Mix together.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, add shrimp, and cook about 3 minutes/side or until pink.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- Spread 3 shrimp per tortilla and top with mango salsa.
Pin for later
Leave a Reply