All-natural, uncured chicken “hotdogs” from Trader Joe’s. Perfect for a summer night, throw these healthier dogs on the grill and enjoy!
Besides at a baseball game, I hardly eat hotdogs. They have who-knows-what in them and just aren’t healthy for you. That’s why I love these Trader Joe’s chicken dogs; they are a great hotdog alternative. They have a meaty texture and emulate the taste of a real hotdog.
And of course, when dinner needs to be on the table ASAP, they get an A+. This whole meal was actually from Trader Joe’s. The frozen green beans and tater tots are two of my must buys from Trader Joe’s. To spice the dogs up a little for myself and the hubby, I added an arugula salad. You can double the salad recipe, skip the bun, and add a sliced chicken dog right to the salad if you so choose.
- 2-3 Trader Joe's chicken dogs
- Handful of arugula
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ jalapeño pepper, minced (more if you like a kick)
- 2-3 scallions, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook chicken dogs according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile add to a bowl arugula, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, scallions, cilantro, and olive oil. Stir together.
- Top chicken dogs with arugula mixture.
Pin for later