These panko crusted shrimp are perfectly browned and crispy. Paired with roasted broccoli, they make a simple and tasty weeknight dinner!
Shrimp is a rare treat in our house. I usually buy a frozen bag when it’s on sale and make tacos out of it, like these shrimp and pineapple tacos. But this time around, fresh shrimp was on sale and I decided to try something new. And boy am I glad I did. These panko crusted shrimp are crispy and crunchy! They taste like they came straight from a restaurant kitchen. Trust me, there will be no left overs with this meal!
Crispy Panko Crusted Shrimp with Roasted Broccoli
Author: Meg's Meal Planning
- ¾ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Japanese style panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large head of broccoli
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Turn oven on to high broil.
- in a shallow dish, whisk together the brown sugar, Sriracha sauce, and egg. Combine the panko breadcrumbs in another swallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dip the shrimp in the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs and lay on a plate.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Lay on baking sheet, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Broil on high for 10-12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add half the shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes/side. Remove from pan. Add last 1 tbsp canola oil and add remaining half of shrimp. Cook 2-3 minutes/side.
- Once broccoli starts browning, remove from oven and serve with shrimp.
- *To keep shrimp warm, keep covered on plate with foil.
Pin for later
Leave a Reply