Sweet and refreshing watermelon cilantro margarita is the perfect Summer drink to cool off with. Enjoy this easy crowd-pleaser while soaking in the sunshine.
One of my favorite drinks I’ve EVER had was a strawberry basil vodka lemonade from The Vendue in Charleston, SC. Click here to see my copy cat version. What I loved about this drink was it screamed summer time. It is impossible to not kick back, relax, and fall in love with this fun summer drink.
That’s how I feel about these watermelon cilantro margaritas. The color is the perfect pop of pink; the pink of the watermelon and the green of the cilantro and lime match perfectly. Served on the rocks and made with freshly squeezed lime juice, these drinks are superb!
They are great for entertaining – all your guests will be impressed with such a contemporary cocktail. But do yourself a favor. No one wants to be squeezing limes while your friends or family is over, so make up a batch in advance and store in a pitcher. It will keep well for 24 hours. Trust me, I know from experience.
- 1 cup of seedless watermelon
- 1 sprig of cilantro-leaves and stem
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lime juice, about 4 limes
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 tbsp tequila
- Add watermelon, cilantro, lime juice, and honey to a blender or NutriBullet and puree until smooth. Remove foam from top.
- Fill a martini shaker with ice and add watermelon mixture. Add tequila. Shake well.
- Add salt or sugar to rim of margarita glass (optional).
- Pour margarita into glass.
Pin for later
Leave a Reply