Homemade browned turkey meatballs mixed in a garlic butter lemon sauce paired with zucchini noodles are delicious and are sure to please the whole family.
These are the most delicious meatballs ever. Period. I usually bake my meatballs, sometimes cook in marinara, but now I’m always going to sear them. The outside browned beautifully, but the inside is moist and tender. You’ll want to eat them all at once.
Have you every cooked zucchini noodles? They must be the fastest dinner ingredient of all time. Cook them for only a couple of minutes to maintain a little crunch.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 zucchinis, spiralized
- In a large bowl, add the garlic, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, cilantro, breadcrumbs, and ground turkey. Use your hands and mix ingredients. Form 1 inch balls and set aside on a plate.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in large saute pan over medium heat. Add meatballs to pan and brown on all sides for 10 minutes, turning frequently. Set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter, lemon juice and red pepper flakes into pan.
- Add zucchini noodles. Toss and stir for 1 minute. If you prefer a softer noodle, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add turkey meatballs to noodles. Toss together and serve immediately.
Pin for later