This cilantro lime dressing is tangy and just a little sweet. You’ll want to use it on top of everything, like this easy and healthy vegetarian quinoa bowl.
Finally the weather is getting nice and the only thing my son wants to do when we get home at the end of the day is “PLAY OUTSIDE” as he nicely tells me in his sweet two-year-old voice. I love it; we easily stay out until 6 or 6:30 pm, but just like a typical two year old, he has no patience to let me cook dinner. Insert easy vegetarian quinoa bowl to the rescue!
My favorite part about these quinoa bowls is many of the items can be prepped in advance or cooked a day or two before with another dinner. Having a baked sweet potato another night? Cook an extra one to use in this recipe.
The cook time for this recipe assumes you already have the sweet potato cooked. If you don’t, remember to allow for an extra 45 minutes for that to bake in the oven or you can cook it in the microwave.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup baked sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- For the cilantro lime dressing:
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 6 tbsp mayo
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 3 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl combine the red onion, red bell pepper, sweet potato, and avocado.
- In a small bowl combine the greek yogurt, mayo, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking, add it to the large bowl. Then add the cilantro lime dressing. Toss together.
Pin for later