Crispy and crunchy flatbread with BBQ chicken hits the spot every time. Use premade flatbread for a 30-minute meal.
I could eat this pizza every day; it’s that good. One of the most disappointing things about homemade pizza is when the crust doesn’t come out crispy. I’ve learned a good trick when using uncooked dough – preheat the pizza stone for 30 minutes, then add the pizza dough. But with this recipe, no need to worry about a soft crust.
Using a premade flatbread is a foolproof way to avoid these issues. This recipe is great when having friends over because it’s low maintenance. It also makes a great party snack; just slice the pizza into strips for an easy appetizer. And the left overs, if there are any, taste just as good. You can also use pulled pork, instead of chicken for this recipe.
- 1 package pre-made flatbread
- 1 cup chopped chicken or 1 cup pulled pork
- 3 tbsp & ⅓ cup BBQ sauce (separate)
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook flatbread directly on over rack for 6-7 minutes.
- While it is cooking, combine chicken and 3 tbsp BBQ sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove flatbread from oven, spread on ⅓ cup BBQ sauce. Top with red onion and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle on cilantro.
Pin for later
Leave a Reply