Mediterranean quinoa salad is low in fat, high in protein, and the perfect dish to welcome spring with.
Happy March! Although this month in New England can be pretty dreary and winter can easily and quickly make an appearance again. March brings hope of the first signs of spring and warmer weather!
This colorful and healthy quinoa dish will help you look forward to the warmer weather! Vegetables like cucumbers and red and yellow peppers make this dish pop! It has tons of protein thanks to the chickpeas and quinoa. And the leftovers taste just as fresh as the first day.
- For the salad
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3-4 mini cucumbers, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- For the dressing
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, once cooked move to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile prepare the dressing. In a small mixing bowl combine all dressing ingredients and stir together.
- Add to bowl with quinoa the red onion, chickpeas, parsley, bell peppers, cucumber, and feta cheese.
- Pour dressing on top, toss to combine.
Pin for later