Chicken noodle soup is a classic comfort food. Try this easy, homemade crockpot recipe. Serve with warm bread!
What is your favorite soup to make every winter? If your answer is classic, homemade, and comforting chicken noodle soup, this is the recipe for you. Homemade soup on a cold winter day is the perfect recipe. This will quickly become your favorite, go-to chicken noodle soup recipe that the whole family will enjoy! It stores great in the freezer and is easily reheated over the stove. My favorite type of noodle to use is extra wide egg noodles, but I’ve also used orzo. The mini meatballs are optional, but I highly recommend it!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- Mini meatballs (optional)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 bay leafs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ bag extra wide egg noodles
- Add all ingredients to a crock pot, except egg noodles.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours.
- Before ready to serve, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Once crockpot is done, remove bay leafs and turn heat off.
- Add cooked egg noodles to crockpot. Stir. Serve.
Pin for later
My kids really enjoy chicken noodle soup. Will try to make this recipe for the Wed’s Dinner. I bet it will be tasty. Thanks for sharing.