A protein-powered lunch, dinner, or snack with spinach and quinoa that both adults and kids will enjoy eating.
I love to make a large batch of quinoa at the start of a week. It’s so versatile. You can throw it on top of a salad, add to a soup, or mix with other ingredients for a quinoa salad. Today, I made my first vegetarian, cheesy quesadilla with spinach and quinoa. Since my toddler loves carbs (rolls, muffins, bread, and wraps, especially quesadillas), I knew this recipe would be perfect for him!
Quinoa for a toddler can be messy! But when it has melted cheese and is packed into a tortilla, you won’t even need to break out the vacuum after the meal! The following recipe is for one quesadilla; it only calls for a little quinoa, so make sure you have other quinoa meals planned like spicy shrimp with garlicky parmesan quinoa, southwest fiesta quinoa salad, or chicken sausage quinoa stuffed peppers.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2 tbsp cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- On half of the tortilla, add the quinoa, spinach, and cheese. Fold in half.
- Place quesadilla in skillet and cook over medium low heat until browned. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from pan, cut into wedges, and serve.
Pin for later