Warm, cheesy, skinny lasagna soup that is tastier and healthier than your Italian grandmother’s version! Even better – it’s a one pot meal!
Are you a lasagna lover? The thought of homemade sauce simmering on the stove for hours make your mouth water? Well, unless you are that Italian grandmother, who the heck has time to throw together a meal as in depth as that?!
That’s why you will love this soup! It has the same hearty and cheesy taste as traditional lasagna, but less calories. Plus, it’s a one pot meal! That’s right, one pot! Use no-boil lasagna noodles and cook them in same pan as the sauce. For this recipe, you will need to use an Italian herb mix like Tuscan Sunset from Penzey’s Spices. The soup stores great in the fridge and is just as good reheated.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2½ tbsp tomato paste
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 1½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp Italian herb mix, like Tuscan Sunset
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 no boil lasagna noodles, broken into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in pot, add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, basil, rosemary mix, Italian herb mix, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir together and add ground turkey back to pot.
- Bring to a boil. Add broken lasagna noodles and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls, add a dollop of ricotta cheese, and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Pin for later
[This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Meg’s Meal Planning]
Leave a Reply