Sheet pan chicken nachos are incredibly cheesy and have the perfect amount of zing. They make the perfect appetizer or meal!
I take nachos very seriously. There is nothing more disappointing than eating sub-par nachos or having cheese only on the top layer of chips!! That’s why the most importance step is the layering of ingredients! But you can’t forgot about key ingredients that bring the dish together. Sour cream, salsa, olives, jalapeño peppers, beans, and guacamole are just a few ways to personalize your nachos to your liking. If it was up to me, I would use an entire can of olives!
For this recipe I seasoned the chicken with a fajita seasoning. I used this one from Penzeys Spices. Fajita seasoning is basically a blend of a bunch of spices like cayenne pepper, garlic, celery seed, cumin, basil, etc.
- Tortilla chips
- 1.5 cups rotisserie chicken, either shredded or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup black beans
- ½ cup queso
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Layer chips in a single layer on a large sheet pan or baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- In large bowl, add the chicken and season with fajita seasoning. Arrange chicken on top of the chips. Add the onion and black beans. Drizzle the queso on top, add the Mexican cheese, then top with the cilantro.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes, rotate pan then bake for another 6-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted fully.
- Top with your favorites - sour cream, guacamole, salsa, etc
Pin for later!
Disclamier: This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Meg’s Meal Planning.
Leave a Reply