Dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes with this flavorful spicy shrimp and garlicky Parmesan quinoa
As an Italian, I believe you can never have too much garlic or cheese. The cheesy quinoa in this dish is amazing on its own. I could eat a big bowl just like that. It balances out the spicy shrimp perfectly! I’m not a fan of a lot of heat, but my husband is, so this recipe was made with him in mind!
Spicy Shrimp with Garlicky Parmesan Quinoa
Author: Meg's Meal Planning
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa is cooking, put butter, garlic, salt, and pepper in a microwave safe dish and heat in microwave until butter is melted. Set aside.
- Mix together celery salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add shrimp to mix, toss to stir together..
- Brush shrimp with butter mixture and add remaining mixture to the cooked quinoa
- Heat skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp until pink..
- Serve shrimp over quinoa, sprinkle on fresh parsley and Parmesan.
Pin for later
This looks great! Did you stir the parmesan into the quinoa at the very end?
Thanks Jackyn! Yes at the very end with the parsley!