Easy and healthy chicken drumsticks seasoned and seared in a cast iron skillet and then baked in the oven.
Another dinner win with the cast iron! If you don’t own one by now, please go purchase one and then come back to this recipe. If you haven’t figured out yet, I love cooking with my cast iron…just look at all my other yummy blog posts!
This chicken is no exception. The cast iron is able to elevate a simple chicken dish by searing the outside and allowing it to finish baking all in the same pan.
Healthy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Author: Meg's Meal Planning
- 1 lb chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt from Penzey's Spices
- ½ tsp Italian seaoning
- ½ tsp roasted garlic spice from Penzey's Spices
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rub chicken with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with all spices.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown each side for a couple minutes.
- Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Leave a Reply