This vanilla berry layer cake is light and fruity and makes the perfect addition to your summer picnic.
One of my favorite parts of summer is fresh berries! I could seriously eat blueberries all day long: blueberry pie, muffins, added to oatmeal or pancakes or yogurt. You get the picture. That’s why I love this dessert. It is so light and airy, you will always have room for this. It’s perfect to bring to a picnic or make for the family!
Vanilla Berry Layer Cake
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 tbsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz tub cool whip
- 1 8 oz container blueberries, washed
- 1 8 oz container blackberries, washed
- 1 8 oz container strawberries, washed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour the sides of two 9 inch round cake pans and line each pan bottom with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a mixer with whisk attachment on medium speed, beat the butter until its ligh and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- On lower speed, add the flour mixture into butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the milk, scraping the bowl as needed. Beat until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place pans on cooling rack, and let cool. Remove cooled layers from pan and remove parchment paper.
- Place one 9 inch cake onto cake stand and spread half the cool whip evenly across. Add half the blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries on top of whip cream.
- Add second 9 inch cake and spread remaining whip cream and berries across top
Inspired from food.com
Leave a Reply