Grilled steak with two easy and healthy side dishes that can be prepped all together to put dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
The hubby and I don’t buy steak often, but every time we do I thoroughly enjoy it! Steak and a nice glass of red wine = a happy chef! What’s that saying? Happy wife, happy life?….jk! I paired the steak with roasted brussel sprouts and riced parmesan cauliflower!
The sides can be prepped ahead of time if needed or everything can be cooked at the same time. The meal comes together in 30 minutes!
- 16 oz Brussel sprouts, washed, ends cut off and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp roasted garlic seasoning
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place the Brussel sprouts on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, roasted garlic seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes, giving a toss halfway through cooking.
- While Brussel sprouts are cooking, preheat grill over medium heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper
- Place on heated grill and cook about five minutes on both sides for medium rare.
- Let rest 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
- While steak is resting heat coconut oil and minced garlic in a wok over medium heat.
- Cook garlic 1-2 minutes, don’t let it burn.
- Add cauliflower and cook 5 minutes or until starts browning.
- Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and parsley