July 4th is right around the corner, which is crazy! It feels like we just celebrated Memorial Day Weekend. I hate when the summer weeks fly by, which they always seem to do! For years I’ve never had any traveling plans for July 4th; I have always stayed local, maybe went to a cookout. But this year I’m excited for a long weekend get away with my family in Wells, Maine. We went last year when my son was 3 months old and I’m excited to return to the same resort and make it our family tradition to return every summer!
When you think of July 4th, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?? Probably fireworks, right?! But before the fireworks there is usually a cookout or BBQ…burgers, hot dogs, watermelon. The works! As with any holiday gathering, it’s easy to get carried away and eat everything! I know my self-control is poor when there is delicious looking food in front of me. To help prevent over-indulgence for your 4th of July picnic, try these healthy Greek yogurt parfaits, made with fresh berries and a drop of honey! You can change up the berries to whatever you have in your fridge and they will still taste delicious!
Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsps honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups granola, click here for my homemade granola recipe
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- Mix Greek yogurt, honey, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- Layer ingredients in cup. Start with Greek yogurt, then granola, then fruit. Repeat a second time.