This was my first time making homemade granola, and I couldn’t believe how simple it was! Granola is one of those seemingly “healthy” and nutritious foods, but can be full of added sugars and too much fat. By making your own, you can keep track of the added sugars and calories.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried fruit – I used plums
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, stir, set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in medium bowl, stir.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir.
- Spread on a baking tray and bake until ingredients seem toasted, about 20-30 minutes
[…] cups granola, click here for my homemade granola […]