Monday – Pesto pasta with fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. This recipe is so easy and is a perfect dinner for busy nights! Pesto is a great sauce to keep on hand. You can either buy it from the store or make ahead of time and freeze it! Click here for my pesto recipe] I use almonds instead of pine nuts because they are more affordable!
Tuesday – T-bone steak with roasted vegetables and beans. This is why I don’t let me husband do the food shopping. T-bone steaks, despite not being on the grocery list, somehow made it into the shopping cart! But I have to give him credit, they tasted great!
Acini de Pepe with spicy sausage, cherry tomatoes, and spinach
- 1/2 cup acini de Pepe
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 1/2 sausage links, casings removed
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat olive oil over large cast iron skillet. Add sausage and cook until brown, about 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Set aside.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, and set aside
- Add 1/2 cup acini de Pepe and 2 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and cook until all water has absorbed, about 10 minutes, sitting constantly.
- Add spinach and another 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until spinach is wilted and water has absorbed
Thursday – Cheeseburgers with coleslaw and tator tots! You don’t always need a fancy dinner, and sometimes tator tots just call your name!
Friday – Pork enchilada skillet dinner. Happy Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate with this one pot meal!