Monday – Fried rice and ham. This is an easy recipe to use up left over Easter ham
Wednesday – Risotto with peas and ham. Another great way to use up left over Easter ham.
Risotto with peas and ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet, saute onion until translucent
- Add rice and white wine. Let rice absorb the liquid, then add the chicken stock, 1 cup at a time, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more
- Add the peas and ham, cooking until heated
- Remove from heat and add the cheese
Thursday – Superfood salad! This kale, black bean, sweet potato, avocado, and quinoa salad will make you feel good and kick some a$$!
Friday – Grilled salmon and asparagus with rice. Grill season, it’s back! Grilling salmon is my favorite way to eat it. The depth of flavor is much greater than baking it! What makes this meal so great is you can grill the salmon and asparagus at the same time! Both are seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus for 8 minutes, rotating occasionally and grill the salmon skin side down for 8 minutes, then flip it over for the final 1-2 minutes.
Mini salmon cakes inspired by the Baby and Toddler Cookbook. My husband and I were having salmon for dinner, so I ordered a little extra and made these salmon cakes for my son! They are a perfect finger food and so tasty! I kept stealing a little from him! Only store for up to 1 day in the fridge.
Mini Salmon cakes
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/3 lbs salmon, diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Place bread in a food processor and blend into fine crumbs. Place in a large bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bread crumbs, stir to combine
- Gently divide the salmon mixture into four equal portions and pat each portion into a small cake
- Place on plate and cover and refrigerate 10-15 minutes
- In large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat
- Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown about 2-3 minutes/side
- Cool and serve