Who doesn’t love making pancakes on the weekend?! I’m always changing up which recipe I use, this week it’s whole wheat pancakes from the Food Network. Instead of adding apple to the batter, I topped it with fresh strawberries and bananas.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sliced strawberries and bananas
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, milk, eggs, honey, and then slowly add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. Cook until the tops are bubbly and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Keep pancakes warm on a baking sheet in the oven.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and bananas
Leave a Reply