- Caprese salad. One of my favorite summer sides! Made this a few times!
- Blueberry pancakes. Made from a mix; sorry no recipe. But I did just go blueberry picking, so stay tuned for some yummie blueberry treats!
- Grilled cilantro, lime shrimp skewers. Season uncooked shrimp with chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Place on skewers and grill 2-3 minutes/side. Note: if using wood skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes first.
- Bread and butter pickles. My favorite in the summer!
- I had planned to make a lemon aioli sauce, but dinner plans changed, so I’m going to save it for next week.
- Cobb salad. I love doing this recipe in the summer; it’s very easy and requires very little cooking. I used lettuce and kale in order to make enough for two.
- Fresh lettuce and/or kale
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, cut in half and extra juices/seeds drained. Cubed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- Your choice of dressing
- Cook bacon according to package
- Add lettuce to a large bowl
- Top with eggs, avocado, tomatoes, cheese, and bacon, stir
- Add dressing
- Used as a garnish in Steak with Summer Vegetables
- Kale salad with steak, feta cheese, and peaches
- Steak with Summer Vegetables. A perfect summer meal and a great way to use up left over vegetables!