I’m so excited to participate in another CSA! This year I’m doing a 10-week full share from Beckett Farms in Glasotonbury, CT. The following is what I received and made from the first week:
- Pesto. I mixed sorrel and basil together.
- 5 cups basil
- 1 cup sorrel
- 1/2 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- Add all ingredients, except olive oil, to a food processor and blend well
- Slowly drizzle olive oil and contine to blend
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Sugar Snap Peas
- Pork stir fry with brocolli served over rice. Note the recipe doesn’t call for snap peas, but I included them in this receipe. I added them at the same time as the peppers.
- Added to cereal, yogurts, etc.
- Pesto, lots and lots of pesto. This first batch I combined the basil and sorrel and froze most of it to use throughout the year. I like to store the pesto in ice cube trays, I just pop out a cube when I’m ready to use it! See recipe above.
- Add to sandwiches throughout the week
- Cooked on the grill and served on the side along with chicken and rice. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Same as yellow zucchini
- Didn’t keep any this week, gave it all to my mom
- Rhubarb lemon bundt cake. It was delicious!
- Used to make a salad, along with the lettuce