Monday– Rotisserie chicken with mac and cheese plus grilled squash and zucchini. We needed a fast dinner, so rotisserie chicken to the rescue. Plus I used some of the left over chicken to make chicken salad for lunch later in the week!
Tuesday– Quinoa enchilada bake from Skinnytaste! One of my favorites!
Wednesday– Chicken parmesan. Yumm … fall is here!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flavor breadcrumbs (Or season plain breadcrumbs with salt, pepper and your favorite herbs)
- 2 cups of tomato sauce (homemade is the best!)
- 1 8oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- Heat frying pan on stove with oil.
- Glently whisk egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Add breadcrumbs to another bowl.
- Dip chicken into the egg/milk mixture, then into breadcrumbs, completing covering chicken with the breadcrumbs.
- Add to hot pan and brown chicken, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, spread tomato sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Place chicken pieces in the baking dish. Cover the chicken with the remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over everything.
- Cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350 for 30 mintues
Thursday– Homemade chicken and pastina soup with carrots, squash, and celery
Homemade Chicken and Pastina Soup
- 4 chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 cup pastina (uncooked)
- 2 stalks of celery and carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 glove garlic, whole
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash of nutmug
- Clean chicken, remove the skin, put in a pot of cold water, filling the pot half way. Add onion, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer for 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes. When the soup is cool enough to handle, drain through a colander into a bowl and discard everything except for the chicken and broth.
- Put broth back in pot, add carrots, celery, squash, salt, pepper, dried thyme, and the dash of nutmug. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer until the vegetables are cooked about 20 minutes.
- In last few minutes add pastina to the pot and cook according to package. Meanwhile cut chicken off bone into small pieces and add to pot
Friday– Sausage and peppers. I used sweet italian sausage, browned them on the grill until outside is crisp. Set aside. Cook sliced peppers first on the stove on low for about 15 minutes, then add sliced onions and cook for another 5 minutes. Add sausage to peppers and onions and 4 tablespoons of water and let simmer for 45 minutes.
Leave a Reply