I hope everyone enjoyed Grill Week! Brian did a great job and I know he enjoyed a week off from doing any dishes! Hopefully he’ll return again soon!
Monday – Zucchini pasta with cherry tomatoes and cashews. I really need to use my spiralizer more; I’ve only used it a few times. More importantly, I need to show my husband this wasn’t a waste of money and we REALLY NEED IT!
Zucchini Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Cashews
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 1 container cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- Handful of basil, chopped
1. Heat cashews in large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring
2. Add olive oil, garlic and onion to skillet, sauté about 5-7 minutes
3. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until they start to burst open
4. Add spiralized zucchini and stir together, turn off heat
5. Add basil, stir
Tuesday – Grilled chicken with grilled veggies and mac and cheese. I used left over squash and zucchini and grilled it to reheat it, along with the chicken. This recipe for mac and cheese is by far the creamiest one I’ve ever tried and it’s so simple to make! The mac and cheese was inspired by this recipe. The chicken was seasoned with ½ teaspoon ground cumin, paprika, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and ground cinnamon.
Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Two cups dried egg noodles
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp hot sauce
1. Pour milk and egg noodles in a large sauce pot. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are done.
2. Turn the heat off, add the cheese and hot sauce. Stir
Wednesday – Kale salad with quinoa, mango, sliced almonds, and feta cheese. (I was inspired by this recipe, but used different fruit). Yum, yum, yum! What a healthy salad, and it’s great as a left over the next day! I made extra quinoa and stored it in the fridge for some easy lunches the following week.
Thursday– Grilled BBQ chicken with grilled sweet potato fries and a caprese salad. I was baking zucchini bread at the same time, so I couldn’t put the fries in the oven. We tried them on the grill, seasoned with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. They came out ok, but not the greatest – definitely prefer them baked.
Friday– Tacos! Enough said.
- 2 large zucchinis, 1 small zucchini
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 small squash
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of kale
- 1 mango
- Feta cheese
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small pieces
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 sweet potato
- Two large tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Taco shells
- Ground beef
- Sour cream
- Olive oil
- ½ bag egg noodles
- Hot sauce
- Red quinoa
- Sliced almonds
- Lime juice
- Dijon mustard
- BBQ sauce
Leave a Reply