What a delight! You will believe you went out for breakfast with this taco! This recipe was inspired by the August copy of Self magazine. It doesn’t call for much heat, so next time I make it, I’ll definitely add more heat with some hot sauce or sriracha sauce.
Breakfast Tacos with Blistered Cherry Tomatoes and Avocado
- Four eggs, cracked in a small bowl and stirred
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Four mini flour tortilla wraps
1. Heat skillet over medium heat, spray as needed
2. Cook tomatoes until start blistering, remove and set aside.
3. In same skillet, scramble eggs, add cheese and jalapeno pepper
4. Meanwhile, slice avocado and cook tortilla wraps according to the package
5. Evenly divide eggs between wraps, top with cherry tomatoes, avocado, and fresh cilantro