What a beautiful day it ended up being for Father’s Day! Just like Mother’s Day Brunch, my husband and I hosted our families to celebrate our dads! This time we had 9 guests: my parents, two brothers, grandparents, uncle, and my mother and father in-law! Unfortunately, the early afternoon was super humid, so we all stayed inside, but it ended up working out nicely. We fit some extra chairs around our kitchen table and set the food up like a buffet. Everyone served themselves! Here’s the menu.
- Greek dip – This was a big hit!
- Pineapple salsa
- Pepperoni and broccoli bread- My Nannie makes the best stuffed bread! I’ve never attempted to make broccoli bread before, but I can make pepperoni bread. Of course, it never comes out as good as hers!
- Store-prepared pizza dough
- 1 package of thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out dough on a sprayed cookie sheet
- When preparing, deal with the dough in thirds. Lay sliced pepperoni and cheese down on the top 1/3 of the dough, leaving enough dough to fold over the pepperoni and cheese
- Roll dough over the pepperoni and cheese and top with another layer. Now fold over the remaining dough on top of the second layer. Tuck excess dough in to seal pepperoni and cheese inside
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Pulled pork – My amazing hubby got up at 5:30 a.m. to put this in the crock pot! What a keeper!
- Baked beans
- Coleslaw – I was going to make the McCarrick Family Coleslaw (It’s amazing, my family loves it!), but my mom offered to buy coleslaw from a local restaurant-Shady Glen. When someone offers to bring you coleslaw from there, you don’t say no!
- Baked squash and zucchini – We originally planned to grill them, but since it was supposed to rain, we decided to cook them in the oven.
- For the veggies, we sliced them about an inch thick, layed them on a baking dish, drizzeled them with olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and baked at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Blueberry and lemon trifle
- Chocolate cake
I love when our families get together. We had a great day and some delicious food!
Thank you Megan and Brian for a wonderful day!
wow I tried not to drool but….fail lol Nice pictures!